Thursday, September 20, 2007

My 15 Minutes Of Fame

On Tuesday, I was in the paper. If you would've blinked, you would've missed me. Ivy Tech announced their dean's list...........and I am on it! So check it out! If you scroll down far enough you will see "Jennifer North, Merrillville."

So anyone that says they are too old, don't have the money, don't have the time, or use their kids as an excuse as to why they can't get a degree........is dead wrong! I managed a 3.5 GPA with working full time, being full time mom, part time taxi driver, part maid, and part time cheerleading mom. So there really are no excuses and I now know that.

Not bad for a runaway kid from the trailer park, huh? NOW if I can just get that acceptance letter from Nursing School, I will be ALL SET!

9 comments:

Simplymoi said...

Lucky for us who know you, you will always be "famous" for being such a success - mom and all around wonderful person! Congrats on making dean's list!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, girl! You are the hardest working person I know. I've said it before, but I mean it, I'm so proud of you!

Mimi's Toes said...

Congrats! I know you must be so proud of your accomplishments. You go girl! My neighbor is 30 and just got her Nursing degree. You are doing this for yourself and your daughter and that is so special...

Crooked Eyebrow said...

I'm impressed! You are amazing! Great job!! The letter will be coming....

chrissy said...

Congrats!! That letter is coming, hang in there, one success at a time!!!

Ann(ie) said...

Okay, I'm going to stop complaining about being busy. sheeeeeh! You're kicking some butt! SO PROUD of you. You'll get that letter. xo.

Anonymous said...

OHHH Congrats!!! Its a post like this that keeps me motivated, knowing that it can be done no matter how hard it gets!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

CONGRATS TO YOU! This is awesome!!

Now, I can't wait to see these pics from tonight!!

Steph

Amy Plumb said...

Wow! You go girl! Single Mom Power!! I'm proud of you, that letter will come you have earned it.