Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I Feel 10 lbs. Less

I sit in my office one last time and blog. No worries bloggers, I'll still be on. I just won't be on during company time anymore! haha.

It's my last day in Chicago. Wow. I started back here when I was just a young girl pretty fresh out of high school. I remember walking in through the doors back on September 21, 1998 without a care in the world. I am more nervous to leave this place than I was when I walked through those doors originally. Where did the confidence go? If only I could be that care free girl without a worry like I was then.


In 9 1/2 years my whole life has change. My work friends watched me meet Missy's dad, they saw the bruises, they watched me as Missy grew in my belly, they watched me get the courage to walk away, they watched me decide to go back to school, and they watched my giddiness as I met the Tiger and we talked on yahoo messanger all day long when he was stationed in California. Oh, the dreamy boy over the internet. Boy does time fly.


I'll miss them. Not all of them. I wouldn't mind my boss losing a few toes to a cab driver at lunch today. But the rest..........I hold a special place for them in my heart. I'm sorry but I've got to move on. There's a whole other life waiting out there for me! And I can't wait to go and get it.



Enjoy some pictures from a night out with work girls a couple of summers ago........... I shall miss them all.








7 comments:

Sheryl said...

I think that second your first baby is born, you never get a carefree moment again for the rest of your life! I'm so excited for you and your new start at life!!

Mimi's Toes said...

Good for you girl...moving on to bigger and better Thangs! You are a survivor! You crack me up about the boss's toes! I can always count on you to get a laugh out of me. Wow, in that last picture, you have a long tongue...almost as long as that Simmons guy....

Mimi's Toes said...

Good for you girl...moving on to bigger and better Thangs! You are a survivor! You crack me up about the boss's toes! I can always count on you to get a laugh out of me. Wow, in that last picture, you have a long tongue...almost as long as that Simmons guy....

Anonymous said...

That is great! how exciting to be at the point in life!

Amy Plumb said...

I say you should never stay in one place for to long.

The grass is always greener on the other side and that is where you are headed.

Anonymous said...

I know it's hard to leave the "known" and the people you like and are comfortable with. Maybe it will be a little easier if you think of it this way: There is someone in your new life who is waiting for and needing to have a friend just like you and/or there is someone in your new life who YOU need to know and to learn from.

Look for those who respect you and support and encourage you to be your best -- God sent them.

Sandra

chrissy said...

let me just say I believe your confindence is at a high, you found the courage to change and keep changing, your confidence is getting stronger, I can totally understand your sadness and the concern you have. But wow you are moving and making changes and they seem to be consistently for the better!! Keep on keepin on!!!