Monday, December 17, 2007

One Minute Inside A Woman's Head

Got my first paper cut at the new job. Right on the knuckle of the pinky finger. Can we say OUCH? And rub your hands with a little lotion and the stinging intensifies. New job could be dangerous.

This lady I work with at the new job is a trip. I wanna move her in and have her live with me so I can see her all the time. She's one of the older ladies that is just quirky. I am not even sure quirky is right. We'll call her down right strange. I blogged before about how her dogs were her kids.......and I didn't realize that. Apparently she had an odd obsession for birds. She can name every type of dog and bird that is out there. Trust me. She did. And for a moment I thought I was watching Ripley's Believe It Or Not instead of scanning papers.

Oh yeah, and at my new job we are treated like children. We get gold stars for doing good things (nominated by other co-workers) and we get black stars (given by our boss) for doing bad things. So far I have no stars. And I am floored that I am on a "star" process. I feel five.

My house is dirty. I am working 7 days a week. And last night I looked at it. I was ashamed. The dishes are piling up. There are unwrapped presents everywhere. The garbage cans are full. There are 6 loads of laundry just screaming at me. And let's not even talk about the need to clean out the refrigerator. If someone popped in un-announced right now, I would cry. Seriously. The Tiger is trying to help but he's in finals week right now so if he's not at work, his head has been in a book. And the kid? Well, oddly enough her room is the ONLY clean room of the house. I am thinking it's time to teach her to do my laundry. Mmmmmmmm, she can sort colors and measure. She can work a remote, why not a washer? I don't think she'll eat the detergant???

4 comments:

Mimi's Toes said...

paper cuts are the pits...I guess I could run over on my lunch hour and do some of your housework...NOT..you poor thang! I feel your pain...It will get better. Breath in and release. Your daughter can do more than you think...let her earn some money! Who cares if all your underwear is pink...
Oh, I tagged you for a Hoopla! Check out on my blog...Just another annoying thing to add to your list of to do's...

Sheryl said...

Ok, just relax about the house. It's only for a short time. I bet you Missy would love to do laundry!

chrissy said...

The best thing you can do is teach her how to take care of things!! My kids used to love doing laundry, now it is a regular chore! I want to let you in on a secret.. are you ready...........the house will wait, there is no cleaning fairy!! It will all be there, but the awesome things that are happening in your life right now will not always be there. Let go and enjoy the challenges that are there now and cleaning will happen later. BTW I am stopping by (just kidding) to help you let go of the fact that you would "cry" You would not, because what you are doing is so amazing! Look forward, not back and not at the floor, you are awesome, keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

My boys do the dishes... well load and unload the dishwasher! They absolutely love it!
I think it is hilarious you go on a star system! I do that for my boys! :)