Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Chance To Blog

I have to make some major updates. Lordy lordy, I've been slacking.

Ok, well after days and nights of thoughts, tears, packing, and much more I ended up deciding I could no longer run away from my problems (at the request of my parents). They sat me down one night and explained to me that they have no problems helping me get back on my feet, but that I am almost 30 and I cannot continue to run everytime things go wrong. What did they call it? "Lack of folowing through." Hmpf, of course I was mad. I don't do that.........or do I? Ok, maybe I do. So, I decided to go ahead and give the Tiger another shot at our relationship. I truly love him with all my heart, but can we get past our problems? Not so sure. But, he's damn lucky he's getting that second shot and so far he's been doing ok. He's helping me vaccuum, doing his own laundry, and we are back to sleeping in the same room. We'll see how it goes. Missy is so happy about it. But, I still HATE my school system. No offense to anyone, but it's too ghetto for my taste. Not in the greatest of neighborhoods. So I am looking into trying to qualify for special funding to help send her to a private school next year. Any help on how to do that if any of you have experience, let a sista know!

Work and school? Well, I am officially out of school until January. I need to really pull myself together before I go back. It made me miserable, tore my family apart, and made my daughter defy me in ways I never thought possible. So, full time nursing program is NOT the way to go. I am much happier without it. I know I have too many credits to lose, and I WILL be back in January........just undecided as to what to do. I got a temp to perm job at a steel mill in Hammond doing payroll. I know Payroll and Human Resources best, so I went back to "comfortable." It's a step down from what I was doing in Chicago, but you know what? Let someone else have the responsibility for now. Right now, I just want to be a worker bee and get paid. Just pray they hire me on permanently, cuz I need a full time job.

And in the middle of my hell, who calls? Missy's father. Haven't heard from him since.....well I couldn't tell you the last time we talked. He says, "Hey Jenni, it's Billy" like we are friends or something. I say, "yeah what's up?" He says, "How's my daughter?" I said, "She's fine. She's 7. Where you been? He hasn't seen her since she was 4. Guess he's living in California right now. Good, nice and far away where I'd like him to stay. So yeah, I let him talk to her. She tells him she needs clothes (she doesn't need clothes, but she's slick like mama). So he agrees to send her a box of stuff. He sent it. Of course I received no receipts to return anything. Most of it either doesn't fit her or she doesn't like it. Thanks Billy, next time just send me the 5 years of child support you owe me. OH and he has the nerve to ask me what we can do about child visitation. Um, you're in Cali and I am in Indiana. We do nothing about it. It'll be a cold day in you know where before I put my baby on a plane to you. End of story.

I've got some new bloggers that I need to check out and I've got all my old bloggers to catch up with. I've missed you all. Stayed tuned. The rollercoaster of my life is just starting I am sure.

8 comments:

Sandra said...

It's nice to hear from you, Jen. I've been a little worried about you. I'm glad you have made some decisions -- that always feels good doesn't it? When you have "a plan?"

I'm keeping you in my prayers, young friend. :)

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, it's good to hear you have a plan and are getting along ok! Thinking of you!

Steph

A Big Ball of Stress said...

Good luck with whatever you decide to do! I wish I had some words of wisdom for you, but I dont.

I know how stressful nursing school is, especially as a single mom...it's tough.

Hugs to you and your daughter.

Mimi's Toes said...

So glad things are getting better for you.

Eddie said...

Good luck on getting a permanent job!

chrissy said...

Things are looking up, good!

Amy Plumb said...

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you get that job as a permanent full time job.

Anonymous said...

Schools out for you allready! Ohh i wish... Enjoy your time off! Whatever you deside will be great. I know the whole single mom, school full time is rough but had a full time job on that. Girl you are awesome! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I know it can get rough in the stressful times!